Why study medicine? -Blog VIA
Medicine is one of the most sought-after and studied careers in Colombia. If you are thinking study Medicine in Colombia but you are still not very clear, this article is perfect for you.
Next, we'll explain some reasons why you should study Medicine, tell you why you should study this career at EIA, and other important information that will help you find out if medicine is your calling.
Why study medicine?
If you read some of these reasons and feel identified or they make sense to you, then perhaps you have the profile to be a doctor:
- Because it's a respected profession and trade, being willing to study for many years and make sacrifices to be a Doctor.
- Because it has an extremely large field of work, which will allow you to choose from a large number of specialties. Depending on what you choose, you can work taking care of patients, doing research, or behind a desk running a clinic or hospital.
- Because our society will always need and require highly qualified professionals capable of meeting people's health needs.
- Because you are passionate about investigating, questioning and analyzing, as this is the task you will perform on a daily basis when investigating and analyzing your patients' pathologies.
- Because you are passionate about the human body and science, you understand your competitors and processes, you understand why things happen in this complex system.
- Because you have a vocation for service and would like to help people, always with the aim of selflessly benefiting the patient.
- Because you think you can contain a person to give them bad news and you are strong enough to see someone suffer.
- Because you are able to make decisions under pressure, have great emotional maturity and not be influenced by them to make your decisions.
- Because there is a particular branch of medicine that you are passionate about and in which you are specialized (such as Neuroscience, Pediatrics, Oncology, etc).
- Because you think you are capable and you really enjoy reading since you will spend many years and a lot of time reading in your degree.
Medicine in the EIA
You may ask yourself, why study Medicine specifically at VIA?
- Educational prestige: We are an institution accredited in high quality by the Ministry of Education, with the best performance sustained in the Saber Pro State tests in Antioquia and the second in the country, recognized nationally and internationally for the high level of professionals it trains and the quality integral of their graduates.
- Strategic alliances: We have a curriculum model based on current trends in global medical education. The new Medicine program integrates the knowledge and experience of EIA University and Pablo Tobón Uribe Hospital to train professionals with high problem-solving skills, integrity in knowledge, a humanised medicine and a person-centred approach to care.
- Innovative program: Our educational framework and curriculum are strongly focused on innovation, being at the forefront of new technologies for research and patient treatment. This allows our students to be in contact with different technologies from the first years of study, and to be able to develop their scientific and medical professional skills.
- Qualities of its teachers: The program is designed by various prestigious professors, who have been awarded in their respective specializations. This has an impact on the quality of the professionals it trains.
What is the medical career?
The goal of medical career of the EIA University is to provide society with excellent physicians who understand people, the complexity of their biological and psychological dimensions.
Our professionals seek to promote and recover health through the exercise of the diagnosis and treatment of diseases with a spirit of service, always with the aim of achieving the benefit of the patient.
What does a doctor do?
A physician is a professional dedicated to the recovery and maintenance of health through the observation, diagnosis and treatment of the disease of his patients. The EIA University graduate physician is an excellent healthcare professional. Because he is educated to give precise and rapid responses to health problems, this professional will continue his education throughout his working life.
How long does the medical degree last?
The medical career in Colombia of the VIA currently it lasts 12 semesters or 6 yearsThis it includes the rotational internships that are carried out in the last year. If you want to know more about the duration of medicineplease read our entry which details about this.
Study a career in Medicine at VIA!
Now that you thoroughly understand the reasons to study Medicine, consider studying Medicine in the EIA. We are a high quality institution accredited by the Ministry of Education, with the best performance sustained in the Saber Pro State tests in Antioquia and the second in the country, recognized nationally and internationally for the high level of professionals it trains and the quality integral of their graduates.
In addition, we have a curriculum model based on current trends in global medical education, the new medicine program integrates the knowledge and experience of the EIA University and the Pablo Tobón Uribe Hospital train professionals with high problem solving skills, integrity in knowledge, a humanised medical approach and person-centred care.
If you want to know other articles similar to Why study medicine? -Blog VIA you can visit the category MBA.