What is the profile of an industrial engineer?
If you are considering study industrial engineeringsurely you are already clear that the VIA University is the best option for you, because here we have the best teachers and a very broad academic offer that will allow you to train as a professional and as a person.
But, here we are talking about what happens after you finish your degree, do you know what the profile of an industrial engineer is today? Here we will tell you this and much more.
What is Industrial Engineering?
Industrial engineering is one of the broader branches of engineering, as it is responsible for developing systems where people, money, knowledge, information and equipment are integrated in favor of optimizing complex processes or organizations. .
In that way? This means that industrial engineering is in charge of ensuring that there is an integration between all resources and all areas in order to streamline the things that happen within a business.
What are the areas of an industrial engineer?
One of the great things about industrial engineering is that it has such a broad scope. This is explained by the multiple areas in which an industrial engineer can develop after graduating as a professional from the VIA.
Here we tell you what are the most common areas of industrial engineering:
- Administration, management, finance and economics: There is an alliance between the exact sciences taught by engineering with the social sciences of administration to achieve full optimization of processes and economic resources within a company.
- Mechanics: Engineers dedicated to this area have extensive knowledge of industrial machinery and systematization processes that occur within factories.
- Industrial chemistry: The objective of these industrial engineers is to achieve the creation of environmentally friendly materials that always respond to the economic interests of the company.
- Transport: This area of industrial engineering has professionals who understand the logistics chain so that they can optimize the processes of goods distribution networks in cities or towns.
- Construction: These industrial engineers are responsible for developing optimal industrial structures and apply their knowledge of design and resource use in buildings.
- Power: This is a relatively new area, as industrial engineers are looking for a way to exploit the planet for energy without generating environmental damage, both with traditional methods such as gas, oil and hydroelectricity, as well as with all the new technologies.
Profile of an industrial engineer
Industrial engineers, as we are already seeing, can develop in multiple areas of knowledge and doing. Therefore, here we will show you what are the most common problems that VIA industrial engineers face on a daily basis:
- Planning and implementation of investment projects to try to generate value at the top of organizational processes.
- Design of industrial processes that can be replicated on a global scale.
- Optimization of production times, in order to seek efficiency.
- Maximize limited resources to minimize losses
- Optimization of processes within factories for a conscious use of machines and operators.
- Maximization of economic profits.
Professional profile of an industrial engineer
EIA industrial engineers are creative and self-confident, because they know how to approach problems by always looking within themselves first. Furthermore, they are willing to lead change and are able to deal with a globalized and competitive world.
The VIA industrial engineer is a person with high analytical, synthesis and deduction skills. She is interested in studying with the help of technology and understands that the world is always changing, so she never loses her sense of wonder.
He is a person who perfectly balances the way of thinking of the exact sciences, such as mathematics and physics, with the conceptualization of the world of humanities and social sciences. This professional has a particular sensitivity for social issues, which is why he is able to connect with people in his organization and understand where the optimization opportunity lies.
Ethical profile of an industrial engineer
We have already understood what the professional profile of an industrial engineer is, let's now see what the fundamental ethical principles of this profession are:
As a professional:
- Provide the knowledge you have when required in your professional and personal life.
- Be contextualized and updated within one's professional work.
- Maintain transparency and avoid conflicts of interest when a major decision needs to be made.
- Delegate the necessary tasks to the people trained to carry them out.
- Report anomalies within industrial processes.
- Promptly report the consequences of decisions made in the company, whether positive or negative.
- Guarantee the quality of the processes in which it is involved, always in compliance with current regulations.
- Maintain objectivity in the decision-making process, without being influenced by personal or third party interests.
As a colleague:
- Ensure the safety of your employees and colleagues.
- Create a comfortable and positive work environment for everyone.
- Facilitate spaces for dialogue so that differences and inconveniences are respectfully discussed.
- Making decisions in pursuit of the common good of the organization.
- Always be willing to train others and share your knowledge.
- Ensure compliance with labor legal rights.
With the environment:
- Consider the environmental impact as a deciding factor in every decision that will be made.
- Look for environmentally friendly ways to strike a balance.
If you want to know other articles similar to What is the profile of an industrial engineer? you can visit the category MBA.