The differences between being a boss and exercising leadership
Although these two words are closely related, the command it is something very different from being boss. In the administration, any professional or expert with a bachelor's degree in MBA (Master in Business Administration) takes into account what a person must do who, in addition to giving orders, is able to lead a work team towards success.
Studying this master's degree at EIA will not only provide the student with excellent knowledge that they can use throughout their working life, but will faithfully teach them how to be a highly respected and admired leader.
What does it mean to be a leader in management?
A company must always have professionals who know how to fill senior management without hesitation. This means that an administrator must make the appropriate decisions and convey them appropriately to his subordinates. The word leadership in these cases means several things:
- Guide. A leader is a person who can give orders, but beyond that, he is able to guide his colleagues, encourage them and help them in any way possible. All this so that a project is carried out in a very natural and effective way.
- I commit. An involved professional has a much better chance of success. On the other hand, a person who understands others and who is fully focused and focused on something will convey and create a much more comfortable working environment.
- Autonomy. Being a leader allows for the exploration of options other than the traditional ones. A director who lacks leadership material will never go out of the conventional way to solve any problem that may arise. However, when there is freedom of thought, it is possible to devise new strategies that can lead a company to achieve all its objectives.
- Decision. This aspect is closely related to the previous one. However, in addition to being able to create new strategies in the service of society, the director must know when he is making a good decision or, conversely, when he is making a mistake. Without a doubt, this is a key factor in the productivity of any business or enterprise.
Is it better to be a leader or a boss?
The professionals of STREET they are in complete freedom and power to choose which characteristic to acquire. However, they are prepared and know that the leadership is always the best and what every business needs. Companies today don't need someone who sits in the office all day giving orders. They require someone to work closely with employees and guide them so that, in addition to doing a great job, they feel very comfortable in their position.
When an admin reaches earn an MBA, acquires some characteristics that can define him as a true leader. These are the most important:
- Make decisions calmly and professionally.
- He treats his employees as equals and offers them a very calm and productive work environment.
- Shows a high degree of commitment and involvement.
Ultimately, what will make it different and exceptional will be its ability to do so increase company performance through their leadership skills.
In what cases do you need to act as a leader?
There are several situations where a boss has to become a mentor who acts as a support for all processes to be done properly. It should not be forgotten that, in a company, any mistake can cost a lot, so the administrator must always act with the utmost responsibility.
Plan new strategies
As a general rule, in meetings where new methodologies or strategies are being designed, hardly anyone has anything new to tell. Therefore, this is one of the best opportunities for a manager to get noticed as someone who can lead easily. In these cases, what you need to do is contribute new ideas that benefit the future of the company. Also, take responsibility for each one.
Solution of the main problems
In these kinds of problems you should never lose your sanity. While it is true that any mistake can lead the company to bankruptcy, administrators must remain calm at all times in order to make the right decisions. An inconvenience, however important it may seem, is never impossible for a master to solve. It is in those moments that he will bring out his knowledge and his ability to lead his colleagues.
Training of new staff
In some cases, managers are in charge of training new workers. This is because they are the staff with the most knowledge of what is done in said company. This is a vital task for any organization. Doing a good job means that this new colleague will get the job done without constant supervision, giving the boss plenty of room to focus on other, more important tasks.
When things don't add up
An embezzlement in the company's balance sheet can be another very serious problem in which the administrator is especially involved. While the ideal is for everything to be in order, at times when finances go wrong, you should have a responsible team (which includes you) so they can find and fix the setback without it becoming too serious.
Differences between leadership and leadership
It is common to confuse the meaning of these two terms. However, what differentiates a leader from a superior is:
- Both the bosses As the bosses They make big decisions, but they don't sit around waiting for someone else to do the work for them. They are also part of the process and ensure it is done effectively. To achieve this, they review and perform good quality controls.
- A leader looks for solutions, while a director requires them. This means that administrators are always proactive or collaborative, whether thinking about a solution or implementing it.
- The captain is who Promotes a healthy and appropriate working environment. Instead, the hierarch is just waiting for his orders to be carried out. The leader, for his part, is aware that everything is done right, but if an error occurs, he can correct it immediately. Also, this is not trying to get the perpetrator off, but rather that the perpetrator doesn't make the same mistake again. In this way, employees will always work with less load.
In summary, although knowledge continues to be the fundamental part and what defines a professional, it is useless if it is not accompanied by commitment and professional ethics. These two factors can be acquired thanks to a university that is much more attentive to quality than to the quantity of students it manages to train in its structures.
Reasons to study the Master of Business Administration at EIA
There are four main reasons why students opt for the STREET at the time of acquiring the title of MBAs:
- It's ambitious and for the better. All professionals who leave this institution are trained with great ethics and professionalism. It is a space that students must become the most competent administrators. In this way they will always achieve excellent positions in the workplace.
- Quality rather than quantity. The institute has been approved in high quality since 2010. However, what makes it even more special is that they take into account the individual training of each candidate and that this is done in the best possible way.
- Exclusivity. Not everyone can aspire to do or get the MBA degree. In this sense, only students with the best results and those who show the greatest commitment are accepted.
Professional and individual approach. One of the advantages of studying this master's degree is that the student will get training based on strengthening their professional and personal skills.
People who have already completed a degree program will have the ability to expand their boundaries and obtain a much more specialized preparation, something that is much needed today. While it is true that professional training is necessary, the skill and intellect acquired with this help can translate into a capable and integrity administrator who will know how to face any situation and always emerge victorious.
Why bet on the VIA
It's always nice to want to go further and further. In the case of administrators, the specialization program becomes the most suitable option to aspire to the best positions in highly recognized companies both nationally and internationally. Thanks to Masters in Business Administration at the VIAstudents will learn all aspects related to command and, in addition, they will get personal training that will allow them to function much more easily in any work environment.
If you want to know other articles similar to The differences between being a boss and exercising leadership you can visit the category MBA.